Official Suggestions Box

General discussions about the game.
Please use other forums below for questions.

Re: Official Suggestions Box

Postby Knowname » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:57 am

here's an idea, if we are to deal with healer allys AND unlimited SP I have a solution! We should change one of the heal effects (my sug is to switch the preistess' greater heal) to sp, so it heals sp instead of hp! That way you get your sp back in some instances and the computer gets the shaft! I think that evens up the odds in BOTH situations a bit!
Knowname

Postby Knowname » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:03 am

also IF the arena is to be SO biased to healers we should MAKE it TOTALLY healers no? Let's not unbalance the thing, lets restore the balance, even the playing field. Not alow ANYBODY to pvp UNLESS they posses a healer ally.

This suggestion may be unnecissary though, it's up to you. But I think at least the cpu controled opponents should be standardized in this way. I hate to be like, oh look! I'm going up against a healer class!! crap I'm gonna die. That way I'm not looking at that, I'm just preparing myself for a tough battle.
Knowname

Postby catepillar682 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:39 pm

Knowname wrote:also IF the arena is to be SO biased to healers we should MAKE it TOTALLY healers no? Let's not unbalance the thing, lets restore the balance, even the playing field. Not alow ANYBODY to pvp UNLESS they posses a healer ally.

This suggestion may be unnecissary though, it's up to you. But I think at least the cpu controled opponents should be standardized in this way. I hate to be like, oh look! I'm going up against a healer class!! crap I'm gonna die. That way I'm not looking at that, I'm just preparing myself for a tough battle.

I would rather there be no allies for either player in the arena.

Need Help: http://dream-world.hostse.com/
More to come, and please report all problems you encounter.
catepillar682

Postby Knowname » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:27 pm

there's that too but it'd make it a little less 'dream world' and a little more 'castle age'. No I don't just want pvp, no I don't want 'mobsters' or w/e.
Knowname

Postby catepillar682 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:17 am

Knowname wrote:there's that too but it'd make it a little less 'dream world' and a little more 'castle age'. No I don't just want pvp, no I don't want 'mobsters' or w/e.

I was just talking about not have your ally participate in arena fights...

catepillar682

Postby Knowname » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:25 am

:| that's one way to do it I guess ^_^
Knowname

Postby Knowname » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:23 am

I think Mages are WAAAAAAAAAAY overbalanced. Maybe warriors too, gun totin' pardners just get the shaft.

I did an experiment today. I had been training magic skills on the side beforehand so I had up to the implosion spell already. I'm a star shooter (I shoot STARS!!!) and I kept my class so no bonus (I was just lazy...) but I bought a cheap staff and ventured out for a little test. now I went up against a mob and cast implosion on him, I hit for 5000 NO critical. I than switched guns. Not only is it a MUCH stronger gun (550+ atk as opposed to 400) but it's scoped as opposed to no bonus and ofc I have SLIGHTLY more bonuses for gun totin' in my build :P. Well anyway using burstfire or w/e, the skill that uses the SAME amount of skill points, on the SAME kind of mob (both hits coming at full health), I hit him for a CRIT of 5000!! I don't always crit (though I do most of the time :)) so that could be roughly half as much? From a more SKILLED class and build that weapon? and a stronger gun, it does the SAME damage?? Leads me to one of three conclusions, one (and least likely really) Mages are vastly unbalanced 2) (and most likely IMO) there aren't enough boosts for the gun class whereas IQ pills are in a lot of boxes! 3) there is no 3 :|. There was but I forgot it.

Now when I check I do crit every time :| it might make up the difference, but a real mage doing that would probably be more intelligent, have a 10% boost in magic power, and a small chance to crit.
Last edited by Knowname on Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knowname

Postby admin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:42 am

You made couple wrong assumptions here. Spell damage does not depend on staff's physical damage, so you can equip a stick or the best staff in the game, and do the same amount of damage with magic skills. Also critical do not double the damage.

However, you may have a point that int/dex may have bigger effect on spell damage then spd/dex on gun damage. We intended to for mage to get slightly stronger offensively toward endgame, but not too much. Private message me your character name and level and I can take a look at your stats. You might want to run few more tests, as damage output is not always the same each hit.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Knowname » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:00 am

I did some more tests via the arena... just to see if I do indeed crit every time. So far... I do *_*, post edited. Also (not to argue with a dev but :P) if a staff has an bonus (not sure what it is) to magic power that will add on to their spells. I'm assuming but it's pretty literal :D.

Wait I don't crit every time (can recall a million living anatomys and angel wings that didn't crit)... but I just had like 10 in a row ^_^ maybe it's cuz I'm just doing the burst skill and it's easier to crit due to it being under my skill lvl.

So you do know they are stronger. It kind of makes sense. Magic classes often are. But when PVPing this is ridiculous imo. I mean I have to crit every time to EQUAL one of their skills?? by my experiences they KILL me even though their skill is lvl 33 and they are only a master mage (10% boost) OR a champion (8% boost) whereas I am a STARshooter with 15% boost using a lvl 41 (38?) skill!! even when I crit I don't think it was as strong (I had 60 def armor, don't know what they had but 62 was the max they could get at the time). I'll pm you my s/n, hopefully this will be taken care of in due time. I only want to help to balance the game for future players.
Knowname

Postby catepillar682 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 am

please do not nerf my mage :(

catepillar682

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion